Burberry Heritage Trench Coat Monogramming is now available in store and Burberry.com.
Customers would able to personalise an Burberry iconic “Made-in England” Heritage trench coat across Men, Women and Children collection with up to 3 initials in a selection of 15 thread colours in one size of Burberry’s own font.
Burberry will be introducing monogramming to its iconic made-in England Heritage Trench Coats from March 2016, allowing customers to add up to 3 initials in a selection of 15 thread colours, creating the most personalised version of its trench coat to date.
Through a new trench coat monogramming tool on Burberry.com, customers in store and online will be able to view their selected initials monogrammed in their chosen thread colour instantly on the trench coat design of their choice – allowing customers to immediately preview how their monogramming will look in real life.
Monogramming sits at the heart of Burberry’s core product offering. Customers can already personalise heritage cashmere scarves, ponchos and the My Burberry fragrance for women, through bespoke experiences in store and online.
BURBERRY HERITAGE TRENCH COAT MONOGRAMMING
• The Burberry Heritage Trench Coat will be embroidered in Castleford, where the iconic coat is made.
• The embroidery is positioned below the inner buttonhole and centred on the internal facing panel that sits closest to the body on the doublebreasted trench coat when the coat is closed.
• The embroidery will feature on the trench coat for children positioned below the inner buttonhole and it will sit off centre, sitting closer to the check lining. It will be placed on the internal facing panel that sits closest to the body on the double-breasted trench coat when the coat is closed.
• Heritage trench coat monogramming thread colour palette: Honey, Stone, Black, Parade Red, Navy, Dark Forest Green, Dark Lime, Plum, Burnt Orange, Amber Yellow, Lilac, Dark Aqua, Ash Rose, Fuchsia Pink, Oak Brown.
• Monogramming is available with up to three initials in one size in Burberry’s own font.
THE COLLECTION The Heritage Trench Coat Collection is available in four fits and in five colours for women and children: Honey, Stone, Black, Navy and Parade Red; and four colours for men: Honey, Stone, Black and Navy, as well as a new extra long length for women.
THE FITS Womenswear The Chelsea narrow fit, the Sandringham slim fit, the Kensington modern fit, the Westminster classic fit Menswear The Chelsea narrow fit, the Sandringham slim fit, the Kensington modern fit, the Westminster classic fit, the Wiltshire modern fit with raglan sleeves Childrenswear The Sandringham for girls, the Wiltshire for boys
THE BURBERRY TRENCH COAT Originally created to protect officers from wind and rain, the Burberry trench coat has evolved over 100 years to become an icon, representing timeless British style and design innovation, worn across the globe.
The Burberry trench coat is made in Castleford, a town in the north of England, by expert workers who combine traditional techniques with modern technological developments. More than 100 highly skilled processes are completed to make each individual trench coat. At the heart of the Burberry trench coat story is the tightly woven gabardine cloth that sets it apart from all others. Invented by Thomas Burberry in 1879, gabardine revolutionised rainwear.
Woven at the Burberry mill in England, today gabardine is created using many of the traditional techniques that originally distinguished it from other fabrics, alongside new, modern finishing processes that make it more water-repellent than ever before.